For those of you who have no idea what this title means, go see Wicked. It is quite possibly the best musical ever. Elphaba is the green witch. There is my explanation.
Okay. So, in my quest to live a healthier lifestyle, I've done a bunch of research. It seems like all of the advances in technology have come with a price. In the past hundred years, new diseases have been discovered, and others have presented themselves in more people or in worse ways than we have ever seen before. Lots of scientists differ on why this really is, but I think it is no coincidence that we fill our homes with chemicals more than we ever have before. Most studies show that the air inside our homes is more polluted than the air in large cities like Los Angeles, NYC, etc. That's insane.
So what does this mean for us? I have been on a quest to find safe, healthy, and cost effective cleaning products. Sure, you can buy expensive ones at the store, but that's not really where I want to spend my money. As of last month, I have been making my own cleaning supplies! I love them and I am very happy with their results. They all use things that are either edible or things that we use to clean our dishes that we eat off of. I am very excited!
I also made our own laundry detergent. This one isn't chemical free, but I know exactly what is in it, and for about $26, it made over 2.5 gallons of detergent. The best part is it only takes a tablespoon each wash! It lasts an average family about a year...yay!
I am so glad that we are able to clean our house without chemicals and save money in the process!


No comments:
Post a Comment