Saturday, February 23, 2013

Homemade Happiness

We had a pretty uneventful week here at the Gardner house. Our schedules at work kept us pretty busy. I am finally starting to feel better and the weather is warming up...which means it is time for me to start running again. Not so excited about that, but I paid the money for the half marathon so gosh darn it, I am training to run it.
 
Chris and I did have fun making some good dinners this week. We made homemade pretzels which is no easy feat. Well, actually, it is pretty easy, just time consuming and it makes a ton of dishes. Good thing my husband is such a good dish doer!
 
 
After Chris spent a long time mixing and kneading the dough, I remembered we could have used my amazing KitchenAid Mixer...oops! Make the dough, roll it out, dip it in an egg wash, and fold it like a pretzel.

 
15 minutes in the oven and yummy, yummy, yummy!

 
The looked amazing and tasted great as well. We will definitely be making these again, just with the assistance of the mixer.

 
Tonight I made Summer Corn Cakes and Avocado Salsa. It is pretty healthy and tastes fantastic.

 
We have some exciting things coming up in the next few weeks and I can't wait to share soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment