Friday, May 3, 2013

Pickles, Olives, and Slawsa...Oh My!

Last week, I had the opportunity to work at Second Harvest Food Bank with the bank. One of the other girls from my branch, Peggy, and I got to go together! It was so much fun! We started out sorting in the grocery recovery room, but decided we didn't like the fact we were having to decide whether or not the food was usable or not. I felt bad throwing food away!!!!

We then headed over to the packing, where we had to fill boxes with 20 pounds of "assorted food." The list included things like ketchup, pickles, Alfredo sauce, and other random food items. However, most of what we had were olives and pickles...yuck! There was even something called Slawsa which is apparently the only condiment you'll ever need. Together we packed 87 boxes. As a group, we sorted and packed over 13,000 pounds of food, which equates to about 17,000 meals for hungry people! It was so much fun and rewarding to do this and I'm so glad I was able to participate!


 
After I got done at Second Harvest, I headed over to the Health and Fitness Expo to pick up my bib and goody bag for the Music City Half Marathon. I am feeling less than thrilled about the weather forecast for Saturday, but I am somewhat excited about the race.
 
After the Expo, I met Chris at Outback Steakhouse for a yummy dinner. We then headed over to Flying Saucer, one of Chris's favorite places. Darts and a few drinks filled up the rest of our evening before we headed home to watch my favorite TV show, Grey's Anatomy! What a great date night with my hottie hubby!
 
On Friday, Mom and I hung out after work. She went and carb loaded with me at Olive Garden. I love that restaurant, but unfortunately Chris isn't a big Italian fan so I try to go with mom when I get the chance. Music City Half...here I come!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment