Saturday, April 6, 2013

Christ Is Risen From the Dead

How blessed am I to get to write about an amazing Easter Sunday?! First and foremost, because Jesus nailed my sin to the cross, I get to spend forever in Heaven with Him. I'm pretty sure this will continue to blow my mind as long as I am on earth. But that's okay. Because we need to spend every day being thankful for His sacrifice and longing for Heaven.
 
Chris and I got up early and ate a nice breakfast of French toast...one of my all time favorite breakfasts. We then got ready and drove to my parents house to drop off the dog before church. I am so proud of us because we made it there 15 minutes early. If you know me, you know what an accomplishment this is!


After a fantastic service at Long Hollow, we went home for Easter lunch. I am not normally one who gets excited about food waaaay in advance, but for some reason this year, I was literally dreaming about Easter ham. And it was a dream worthy meal...thanks to my super awesome mom!


After lunch we played a really fun game called Loaded Questions. It was a good way to enjoy spending time together and laugh too! I love spending time with my family and it is even better when it is focused on celebrating the real reason we can smile about our future!


I am always looking for new meals to make. I absolutely love Pinterest and always do my menu planning from there. Since my work schedule switches every other week (one week I get off early M-Th, the next I am late M-Th) I try to pick easier meals for my late week. Chris loves grilled cheese and I saw an awesome idea to add guacamole to it. In the words of my husband, "It was like I had been eating in a black and white world, and now I see color." He may have been exaggerating a little bit, but seriously it is pretty amazing!

 
I'm still training for the Music City Half Marathon in just 3 short weeks. I did a nice long run today and I am not quite sure how I will be able to make it. My goal is to finish! The week after that race, I am going to be running the 5k Foam Fest. I am super stoked! Its like a fun version of the Tough Mudder so it has obstacles, mud, foam, and I'm doing it with friends so I know it will be awesome!

 
We are so blessed and I am so thankful it is finally warming up!

No comments:

Post a Comment